Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sheryl's Around the World Quilt

Wendi and I love to quilt. Wendi probably more so than I...anyway, we decided to start a blog to post pictures of the quilts we've made. I have made several quilts that I have either sold or given away without taking any pictures of them and I love seeing all Wendi's projects. I get a lot of my ideas from her! We also wanted to make comments and give advice on the quilts we've made...little tidbits of information. So, here is our first post...Happy Quilting!


This is one of the first quilts I started....it started out as a "puff" quilt but it was so heavy and hard to wash that I ended up undoing it all. I recut the squares and sewed them all back together.
It fits nicely on my queen size bed.


The top is all flannel - 5 different fabrics - and the bottom is a cotton quilt backing (all one piece). I used warm-n-natural batting...it is the ONLY kind of batting I use! It just gives the quilt that "old-time" feel. I worried a little about not using flannel on the back but it turned just fine. It's not as warm as it would be with flannel on both sides but that is great since I live in Tennessee!

I have a friend that has a long-arm quilting machine so I had her do the quilting for me. It turned out beautiful! She is very talented when it comes to choosing a pattern/design to quilt with. Then I passed the quilt on to Wendi...who bound the quilt (we used the same material as the backing). She is awesome!

                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment