Thursday, August 30, 2012

Charlene's quilt - my favorite!

As Wendi has said, she likes to use her scraps.....so I have helped her do that! She gave me a bunch of scraps she had actually gotten from someone else. I loved the colors but couldn't figure out how to make it work. Wendi helped me pick out another fabric (the polka-dot fabric border) to go with the scraps I already had......and wah-lah.....Charlene's quilt! I love all the colors in this.....calm and soothing.


It's the same pattern as Miquel's but I put the appliqued section on the other side. It just worked better with the way I had sewn the strips together. I backed hers with minky so it is nice and soft.
We bought the material for the binding when we bought the polka-dot used on the flowers and the border. I love that it has all the colors of the quilt in it! Wendi has a great eye  for picking out unique but coordinating binding material......thank you Wendi!!

Wendi used her machine to do the applique for me (I hate doing applique!). She did a blanket stitch around each flower and leaf.

If you look closely you can see the stitch she used on the binding....it's not something you see right away but it does make it look so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment