Thursday, August 30, 2012

Girlie Quilts


A long time ago (like 4 years) I got a hankering to sew something not boyish...like PINK. I thought if I sew this who am I going to give them to? I couldn't really put a pink quilt on MY bed? could I? After I see the pictures though I really do like how they look with the logs. I decided to give them to my sister's girls since she has a lot of them. I wish I would have taken a picture of Kate's quilt...it was blue/brown/green/yellow...just lovely colors. Anyhoo...Korrine's quilt is the pink one and Kamas' quilt is the purple.
Korrine loves pink and hearts.


I made this by putting a 3" square on top of a 6" square on top of a 9" square and letting the edges fray. I love the look after I've just washed them. The back is made from houndstooth minky. I held on to the top for a long time after I had completed it and didn't have enough to make a back or binding and I was lucky enough to find a binding that matched all the colors on the front. I also love how it is diagonal.  I think I'll make another with soccer fabric.  Christian mentioned that he wanted a soccer quilt too.  The same fabric from Jensen's soccer quilt.

Kamas loves purple and fairies. My mom copied the purple fairy from the white patch of fairies and enlarged her. I added butterflies and ric-rack. This one just makes me happy. I also LOVE that the binding is using the scraps from leftover 2 1/2 strips. You can see in the above picture the different edges.  I machine bound with a decorative stitch.  This stitch takes alot of thread.



No comments:

Post a Comment