Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mark's UT Quilt

Wendi has made some really fun t-shirt quilts for her family...hopefully she will post them here for you to see.

Anyway, my husband graduated from University of Tennessee (UT) with a Bachelor of Music. He is a die-hard Volunteer fan! Go Orange - Go White! Good ole' rocky top....

On a visit to Knoxville last year I was able to get some "souvenier" t-shirts so that I could use them to make a t-shirt quilt. Since I didn't have enough t-shirts (you need 9-12 to make a "true" t-shirt quilt) I decided to get some music material and something orange and white to go with it. Wendi and I went to 9 different fabric stores but finally found the perfect materials!

The t-shirt squares are doubled up (two thicknesses). The rest of the sqaures and borders are just one thickness. I put a border around each square to make the quilt bigger. Since I was not using fleece on the back I put some warm-n-natural batting in it and then used orange minky as the backing. Stacy quilted a really "manly" design on it and Wendi bound it with a solid orange. I gave it to him for Christmas and he LOVES it!

Sorry, I only have one picture for now.


1 comment:

  1. I found it. This is great! I wish we lived closer and could quilt together.

    ReplyDelete